Recipe by Skooch
Got this from a friend but never made it. I lost it then found it again so thought I would post so I don't lose track of it again.
Top Review by John Herrmann
Great dish as published, but I added a little miso paste, star anise powder and a touch of black pepper to the veggies. All in all, an easy, tasty side dish. It complemented our teriyaki chicken perfectly.
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 -4 eggs, scrambled
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil rice according to package directions (approximately 40 minutes).
- Start carrots in a little oil in frying pan; when crisp tender, add onion and zucchini and a little ginger.
- Remove veggies and add scrambled eggs in same pan.
- Put veggies back with eggs; add cooked rice and soy sauce.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes to blend.