Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a fun alternative to traditional coleslaw, with a great sweet&sour flavor. I got this from my mom, who got it from her aunt. This is requested by friends everytime I go to potlucks, and is so fast and easy to make. :)
- 1 (1 lb) bag coleslaw mix
- 1 bunch green onion
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, chicken flavor
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Chop the entire bunch of green onions.
- Crush both packages of ramen noodles, setting aside the flavoring packets. This is easiest to do before opening the noodles, just pound it with your hand. Then open it up and crush any larger pieces.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and both flavor packets from the ramen noodles.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and soy sauce, stirring well.
- Add the vegetable oil. Stir again, until sugar is dissolved. (I usually put the dressing in a sealable container, and shake it up.).
- Add the dressing to the salad mix, tossing until evenly distributed.