Recipe by Bobtail
Another great recipe from a co-worker. She brings this all the time to covered dish meals at work. She was kind enough to share the recipe. It is very good! Cook time is chill time. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Sharon123
I made this today for lunch and it was so good! I love this kind of salad. I used cider vinegar. I didn't have chili oil so omitted it.Otherwise, followed the recipe. Thanks Bobtail for a delicious salad! ;)
Dressing (multiply by the amount of cabbage used)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili oil
- 1 -2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 1⁄3 cups green onions, chopped
- 3 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1⁄2-1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour over cabbage and green onions, cover and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, crumple the noodles and add to the cabbage mixture, along with the seasoning packets from the noodles.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Add almonds and sesame seeds just before serving.