Prep 13 hrs
Cook 25 mins
This is my kind of pasta salad! I like the noodles and the chicken with the light sesame dressing. It's perfect for me to make ahead and have ready to eat for lunch.
For the Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Salad
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 scallions, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 slice fresh ginger (1/4-inch thick)
- 5 ounces Chinese wheat noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, rinsed,drained and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk together ingredients for dressing and set aside.
- If almonds and sesame seeds aren't toasted, toast them separately (2 different times) in a small dry skillet, just till they start to turn golden, but do not burn; set aside and allow to cool.
- Simmer chicken breasts with ginger and 2/3 of the scallions in a stockpot, covered with water until thoroughly cooked, 25-30 minutes.
- Drain chicken and cool; cut into chunks.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the noodles, chicken, snow peas, water chestnuts, last scallion, and the red bell pepper.
- Mix with the dressing, and chill, refrigerated, for 12 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with almonds and sesame seeds before serving.