Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
My new addiction! Tried it at a potluck supper and just had to get the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 (3 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Loved this dressing on our salad. Used different veggies but great anyway.
I didn't have all of the salad ingredients on hand, so I just made the dressing to go with some greens and chicken. I can only say that the dressing was amazing! It was perfectly tangy, and had a great oriental taste. I was a bit skeptical when I saw the recipe, but it was the only one that used ingredients that I actually had in my pantry. I am so glad I tried it. This is going to be a staple dressing in our home! Thanks for sharing it.
I made this for lunch today for DH and I and it is WONDERFUL! I marinated my chicken in teriyaki sauce for an hour or so and grilled it then sliced it up for the salad. I left out the cashews just for personal preference but I did add everything else. The flavor is excellent and this has become a new favorite of ours. Thank you for posting a real winner!