Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These Oriental-flavored grilled kabobs, served with a yummy dipping sauce. Your guests and family will rave! Mix it up and add the veggie of your choice or substitute salmon for chicken. I like the red bell pepper and onions the best. I lowered the fat by using light mayo. Make sauce 2-4 hours ahead of time and marinate chicken 2 hours.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, water, sesame oil, pepper flakes and ginger. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- In a bowl, toss the red bell pepper and onions with olive oil and salt.
- On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread one chicken piece and bell pepper and onion(together).
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear and veggies are crisp-tender. Serve with dipping sauce.
This was so simple & absolutely de-lish!! I wasn't going to make the dipping sauce, but decided to anyway. WOW! Am I glad I did! My picky eaters RAVED about it! They even cleaned up their veggies with it! Thank you for posting this one!
I tossed frozen (uncut) chicken breasts in the marinade one morning with plans to have this for dinner that night. Life got in the way, and it was the next night before we had time to make this for dinner. However, I was called out to work at the last minute, and Hubby actually grilled the kabobs. There was nothing left when I returned. He cleaned the plate and loved the dipping sauce. I guess that even though I didn't get to sample these, that makes them a winner.
Tasted great! Quick and easy, great meal for a busy night. I served this with jasmine coconut rice and a mixed fruit salad.