Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Do you want Mexican or Asian tonight? How about a little of both? You can serve these with either hot sauce or sweet and sour sauce depending on which flavor you want to accentuate.
- 12 -15 corn tortillas (blanched in oil to soften)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- oil (for frying)
- salt (for seasoning after frying)
- Combine ground beef, egg, Accent, green onions, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Place some of meat mixture down the middle of a corn tortilla; how much will depend on the size of the tortillas and how big you want them to turn out. Roll up into a cylinder shape (you may want to place a toothpick through the taquito to keep it from unrolling when you fry it).
- Repeat until all of the meat mixture is gone.
- Heat oil to 350°F.
- Drop taquitos in a few at a time (don't overcrowd your pan). Fry until tortilla is golden and meat is cooked through (about 2 minutes).
- Place on paper towels to drain and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve while hot.