Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Such an easy Square to make but a favorite to many. This square was served at a wedding reception on the dainty tray.
- 2 eggs, beaten (lightly)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup butter (or magerine, but do not use soft marg)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (or 1 box)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a separete bowl beat eggs lightly.
- Melt butter over med high heat.
- add Brown sugar and heat until just boiling (sir occasionally so it doesn't burn).
- Remove brown sugar mixture from heat and stir gradually into egg mixture.
- add vanilla,crumbs and pecans.
- Mix and put into 9x9 pan.
- Frost with your favorite vanilla frosting or Cream cheese frosting.
- NOTE: 2 cups oreo crumbs and 2 cups Graham wafer crumbs can be used in place of all oreo crumbs. Enjoy!
Had a small get together today so I made these to go on the plate too. Easy simple, and tasty.I frosted thinly with a chocolate plain icing, with finely chopped pecans over top. None left for my freezer, went over very well.
Wonderfully delicious! Another Dotty2 winner that I have added to my special cookbook. Amazing how a a recipe so easily made can taste so good - absolutely irristable. Used the Oreo crumbs and made as posted. Chilled and frosted with cream cheese frosting which really complimented the Oreo and pecans, cut into squares and added to the serving tray. Thank you for sharing.
I tried this over the weekend since it was so hot and humid I thought it would be the perfect cake to make. It was very easy to make but the cake never really hardened - I had to put it in the freezer and we ate it right away. As for the taste, it was very good and very sweet. The kids loved it!