Chocolate Oreo Rice Krispies Squares (Microwave)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 5 cups mini marshmallows (or use one 250-gram package regular-size marshmallows)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 15 Oreo cookies, coarsley chopped (you can use a few more if desired)
- Butter an 11 x 7-inch pan.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl heat the butter or margarine with marshmallows and cocoa powder (and peanut butter if using) on HIGH powder for 3 minutes, removing after stirring each minute).
- Mix in vanilla then add in the cereal and chopped Oreo cookies; mix with a wooden spoon until well coated.
- Transfer to prepared pan then press down with back of a spoon to spread evenly.
- Allow the mixture to cool slighty, then cut into squares.
Join The Conversation
My oh my - I did not think a rice krispie square could taste better but these knock it out of the park. The bits of Oreos, the tinge of chocolate flavor and of course the ease of making it all rolled into one wonderful treat! My DS and DH loved these!! I know I'll be making them more often. Tagged in 123 Hits.
Another gem! These are very tasty and addictive! (I ate three between lunch and now...yikes!) I used regular Rice Krispies, 15 Oreos as listed (perfect!), and a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter. I've tried quite a few delicious Rice Krispy Bar variations, but this one today is among the very best! What a great taste combination! I will definitely make this again. Thank you!
This is a great little twist on the standard RiceKrispie Treat. I used regular RiceKrispies, but I can see where the CocoaKrispies would be an added chocolate fix. I didn't add p.b. but I wish I would have. Didn't know how much to add? Also, put them in a buttered 8x11 per preference. Thanks Kitten for a great idea~