Recipe by Kzim4
This is from a magazine dated Sept. 1999 (have no idea which one). As it says "Die-hard fans won't think this dessert is overkill at all." Cook time is freeze time.
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 quart cookies & cream ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 large banana, peeled and thinly sliced
- hot fudge, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely grind cookies in food processor. Set asdie 2 tablespoons crumbs for later. Add melted butter to remaining crumbs in processor; blend until moist crumbs form. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch cake pie pan. Freeze crust until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 of ice cream in crust. Top with banana slices. Spread remaining ice cream over bananas. Sprinkle reserved cookie crumbs over top. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover;freeze).
- Serve with sauce.