Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a copy cat for Oreo filling.
Make and share this Oreo Filling recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup shortening
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dissolve unflavored gelatin in cold water.
- Set in heat proof cup in pan; Simmer until clear.
- Let cool.
- Cream together shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- add gelatin.
- Beat for 10 minutes.
- Put a spoonful onto one cookie top with another cookie then press cookies gently together.
Pretty good. I halved the recipe and used it for fillings in caramels. Next time I will probably double the vanilla. Note, the "25oz" of gelatin should read "0.25oz". 25oz of gelatin would be insane...
Sounds like it will be great! Just one question...when do you add the dissolved gelatin? I would love to make this, but would rather wait until there is a more complete set of directions.