Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
if you are a lover of white cake and vanilla frosting you will love this! this makes a wonderful cake for a kid's birthday party, stick whole mini Oreo cookies on top instead of the crushed :)
Top Review by Sherry80
This is sooooo yummy! I made it for my boyfriend's dad's 81st birthday and it was a hit! I followed the directions exactly (I used a tiny bit more vanilla because I am a huge vanilla lover) and no need to adjust anything, it came out perfect. Kittencal I am in love with all of your recipes, you are a very amazing cook and baker!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 12 coarsely crushed Oreo cookies (crush additional cookies to sprinkle on top of the cake)
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar (may need more)
- 1⁄2 cup white shortening (if you don't mind a little yellow coloring you may use butter or half of each)
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine cake mix with water, oil and egg whites.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed beat until smooth and well combined (mixture will resemble thick marshmallow fluff).
- Fold in the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until cakes tests done,.
- Cool completely.
- For the frosting; in a bowl using an electric mixer beat all frosting ingredients until light and fluffy (you may need to adjust either the cream or sugar until desired consistency is achieved).
- Spread onto the top of the cooled cake.
- Sprinkle chopped Oreos onto top of the frosting (use as many as desired for the top).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve (store any leftover cake in the refrigerator).