Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great summer dessert. Keep one in the freezer for those unexpected guests.So easy to prepare and such a great taste. I make this often. I got the recipe from a girl who brought this to an office lunchon
- 1 (350 g) package Oreo cookies
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks (can be omitted if you feel uncomfortable using raw yolks)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Crush cookies and sprinkle a few on the bottom of a glass pie plate (or cake pan).
- Whip cream.
- In another bowl mix egg yolks and vanilla.
- slowly add egg yolk mixture to whipped cream.
- combine with crushed oreos.
- pour over cookie (crumbs) in pie plate.
- Remove about 20 minutes before serving.
- cooking time is freezing time.
SO good! I didn't have a whole package of oreos, but I made it in an Oreo crust so it was still excellent. Thanks for the great recipe!
Nothing like having a back up dessert in the freezer - and as andypandy said "what's not to like about cream and cookies"! Made in a pie pan and one in glass baking pan - using the egg yolks. Great with and without the strawberries!Looking to serve the next one with garden fresh raspberries. Added to my favorite desserts cookbook. Thank you Dotty it really is a great summer dessert.
Whats not to like about cream and cookies. I did add the egg yolks to help bind and firm up the mix, I also added one cup chopped fresh strawberries. Everyone enjoyed their dessert, no complaints.