Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Very Good and a must have recipe if you like oreo cookies
- 1 (18 ounce) package Oreo cookies, divided
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F if using a 9-inch silver springform pan (or to 325°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Finely crush 30 of the cookies. Coarsely chop remaining 15 cookies; set aside. Mix crushed cookies with butter. Press firmly onto bottom and 2 inches up side of pan; set aside.
- BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Gently stir in chopped cookies. Spread into prepared crust.
- BAKE 55 minutes to 1 hour or until set. (If necessary to prevent top from overbrowning, tent with foil during last 15 to 20 minutes of baking time.) Cool completely on wire rack.
- REFRIGERATE at least 4 hours. Run knife or metal spatula around side of pan to loosen cake; remove side of pan before serving.
- Whatever you do, don't use low fat sour cream cause it won't turnout. But, you can use splenda in the place of real sugar without sacraficing much of the sweet taste. And to help cutting the cheesecake, before each slice it helps to dip your knife in hot water and wipe the knife clean and the knife will cut through the cheesecake like hot butter.