Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A friend brought this to a cook out. It's really good! Putting it here for safe keeping.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. (This is important so the oreo cookie crumbs don't overcook.) In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and well-combined. Add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix until the ingredients are well-combined. Add the flour and mix on low until the flour is incorporated. Stir in the mini chocolate chips with a rubber spatula. Place the oreo cookie crumbs in a small bowl. Scoop the cookies into about 1 1/2" to 2" balls (the dough will be soft don't worry if it doesn't scoop into a well-formed ball, the crumbs will help hold it together) and then roll in the cookie crumbs. Place the cookie balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are slightly puffed. Cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.