Recipe by dicentra
This is from 1001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes. This could be served warm or cold. The recipe calls for orrechiette pasta, but Zaar doesn't recognize that.
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
Simple, quick, delicious and healthy--what more can you ask for?! I did think it needed a touch more flavor so I added a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and that did the trick. The feta goes nicely but I'm going to use blue cheese on the leftovers just to see how it is. I used cremini mushrooms and a frozen medley of chopped bell peppers (red, yellow, green) from Trader Joe's. I used TJ's alphabet pasta.
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut into fourths
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces pasta, cooked warm
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté mushrooms, bell peppers and garlic in olive oil in a large skillet until tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts and parsley; cook until hot through, 3-4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over pasta and toss. Spoon onto plates, sprinkle with feta and walnuts and serve.