Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from 1001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes. This could be served warm or cold. The recipe calls for orrechiette pasta, but Zaar doesn't recognize that.
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut into fourths
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces pasta, cooked warm
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Sauté mushrooms, bell peppers and garlic in olive oil in a large skillet until tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts and parsley; cook until hot through, 3-4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over pasta and toss. Spoon onto plates, sprinkle with feta and walnuts and serve.
Simple, quick, delicious and healthy--what more can you ask for?! I did think it needed a touch more flavor so I added a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and that did the trick. The feta goes nicely but I'm going to use blue cheese on the leftovers just to see how it is. I used cremini mushrooms and a frozen medley of chopped bell peppers (red, yellow, green) from Trader Joe's. I used TJ's alphabet pasta.