Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
My auntie Anne made this at a summer gathering and I was HOOKED. The broiled feta really takes this pasta salad/dish OVER THE TOP!
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more
- extra virgin olive oil, to brush on feta
- 1⁄3 cup of fresh mint, chopped in a chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) jars roasted red peppers, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3⁄4 lb feta
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, grilled or broiled
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, grilled or broiled
- 2 lbs orecchiette, cooked al dente, reserve
- 1 cup pasta cooking water, if needed to toss with pasta
- Toss tomatoes, mint, and oil together.
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush feta with oil and sprinkle with oregano.
- Broil feta, til browned.
- Toss together tomato mixture, cooked pasta, roasted peppers, sausages and pasta.
- Add pasta water til perfect sauciness is achieved.
- Crack pepper and season with salt.
- Crumble broiled feta cheese over top.
- Crack more pepper on top.