Recipe by Annacia
This is a recipe that I have trimmed and made as low fat and sugar free as possible. It will make 8 standard muffins.
Top Review by CoffeeB
The name says it all here as this is a defnite yummy recipe for diabetics. Not a sweet muffin in the least and since I'm not a diabetic, I will increase the amount of splenda next time. I also felt the orange zest didn't come thru real strongly. Maybe if a bit of o.j. was added for the liquid part the orange would shine thru. I also used 1 full egg. Very moist. Thanks Annacia for a lovely breakfast treat~
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or try 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp orange extract)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place paper baking cups in muffin pan or coat with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat eggs and Splenda at high speed with an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Add oil, yogurt, vanilla, and orange zest; beat at medium speed until blended, about 1 minute.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and beat at low speed until blended.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan; filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.