1/1 Photo of Orange Yogurt Muffins Diabetic
This is a recipe that I have trimmed and made as low fat and sugar free as possible. It will make 8 standard muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup egg white
- 1/4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or try 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp orange extract)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place paper baking cups in muffin pan or coat with vegetable cooking spray.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 3Beat eggs and Splenda at high speed with an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Add oil, yogurt, vanilla, and orange zest; beat at medium speed until blended, about 1 minute.
- 4Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and beat at low speed until blended.
- 5Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan; filling 3/4 full.
- 6Bake for 15 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- 7Remove muffins from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Yogurt Muffins Diabetic
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 209.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: