Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These pancakes require a little extra effort, but are really worth it!
Make and share this Orange Walnut Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup fine strips of orange rind
- Combine all the dry ingredients.
- Beat the egg and milk until thoroughly blended.
- Add to the dry ingredients.
- Lightly oil a frying pan and heat until hot.
- Using 2 tablespoons of batter, drop onto the hot skillet.
- Brown lightly on both sides.
- Remove from the skillet and fold into quarters.
- Set aside.
- To make the sauce-------.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter in the orange juice, and then slowly add the remaining ingredients.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large skillet, arrange the pancakes side by side.
- Pour the sauce on top.
- Reheat before serving.
These were so elegant and flavorful! The orange sauce is the star of this show. It gets a subtle cinnamon flavor with a little crunch from the walnuts. Not too sweet at all. I scraped up every last drop off my plate. My first pancake was a little too thick to fold into quarters so I added a little more milk. That seemed to do the trick. I think next time I will make them with 3-4 tablespoons of batter. Or I'll just serve them as regular pancakes. This is getting 5 stars for presentation and flavor!!!