Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Similar to Russian Tea Mix. This one is tried and true for all that have tried it Tried other similar recipes but most had lemonade mix and to me it just didn't taste right. My daughter makes this up as Christmas gifts with a mug..
- 2 cups instant Tang orange drink (must be Tang, not Kool Aid)
- 1 cup instant tea, mix sweetened and lemon flavor
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Stir all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container.
- To use: Add about 2 heaping tablespoons to a mug or cup of hot water. Stir thoroughly.
We do love ice tea, whether made from scratch of from blending several kinds of mixes, as with this recipe! It has been a long time, though, since I had any Tang in my cupboard, but it's there now! Made this pretty much as given, & we were pleased with the result, but then we do love ice tea, as I said, & most of the time we do love it sweet, as we did with this! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
I used Nestea Iced Tea Mix with Lemon for the instant tea. There was so little tea in the Nestea, that when the drink was made, it made me wish for more tea flavor and less sugar. This was made for Preemie Care Center during Fall 2011 PAC