Recipe by grandma2969
adapted from a Pillsbury cookbook...We liked this for the pumpkin flavor and the frosting..tastes really decadent...
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (whole pumpkin, not pie mix)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, do not use margarine
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -4 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Grease and flour 15x10x1" pan.(jelly roll pan).
- In large bowl, combine all bar ingredients and beat at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Spread in greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 350* for 23-27 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. For frosting -- heat butter in medium saucepan over medium heat until light golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in powderedsguar, vanilla and enough milk for desired spreading consistency; blend until smooth. Immediately spread frosting over cooled bars.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or until set. Cut into bars. If desired, garnish with orange peel strips -- .