2 hrs 15 mins
This is a recipe I used for my Wive's Easter Dinner while our husbands were deployed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 -5 1/2 cups flour
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2Add milk, shortening, eggs, sugar, orange juice, orange peel, salt, and 3 cups of flour - beat until smooth.
- 3Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 4Knead until smooth and elastic (6-8 minutes).
- 5Place in a greased bowl, turn once.
- 6Cover and let rise until doubled (1 hour).
- 7Punch dough down, and turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- 8Divide into 14 pieces and twist into ropes.
- 9Place onto a greased cookie sheet, cover, and let rise until doubled (30 minutes).
- 10Bake at 375 degrees F 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- 11For Glaze:.
- 12Mix together all ingredients and beat until blended.
- 13Drizzle over rolls and let set at least 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Rolls With Orange Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.8
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 66.0 mg
- Sodium 376.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 45.8 g
- Protein 13.0 g