Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very easy orange cinnamon for a lazy Saturday morning.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 ounces refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Combine first 3 ingredients.
- Dip each biscuit in orange juice then dredge in sugar mixture.
- Arrange biscuits in greased 9in round pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture and drizzle with orange juice.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes until golden brown.
These were very nice; and, I'm sure they would have been just as yummy, as written. However, my son likes those canned sweet rolls with icing, so I prepared some icing with 4 oz. cream cheese, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, and about 1 Tbsp. of milk, beaten together, and I spread it on the rolls, while warm. Yum! Thanks for the great idea!
These were so easy and so good! Church was delayed this morning because of ice so I took advantage of not needing to be there until an hour later to whip these up for the rest of my family. (The weather deteriorated and church was then canceled so I actually got to enjoy eating them too!) I actually made some orange juice from a concentrate I had in the freezer but then had a *duh* moment when it occured to me that I could have simply juiced the orange from which I took the zest! No matter. These had great sweet orange flavor. Not too sweet; just right.