Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the Just One Pot cookbook. I halved the recipe when I made it and needed 1/2 cup less broth.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 5 ounces Fontina cheese, diced
- fresh ground white pepper
- 2 large oranges, juice and zest of, zest chopped into tiny dice and juice squeezed
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir until the grains are coated, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and stir until the liquid has evaporated.
- Begin stirring in the broth, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Cook and stir until each addition has been absorbed and rice is tender, 15-18 minutes.
- **Add the Fontina 5 minutes BEFORE the rice is cooked.
- Season with salt and white pepper and add the orange juice and zest.
- Stir well and serve.
Excellent risotto! I've had his bookmarked or weeks, and we very much enjoyed the dish. The orange and fontina cheese really complemented each other, and we very much enjoyed the combo. Thanks Bobo3039!