Very simple cake that is perfect for serving at dinner parties and special occasions. Glaze uses orange juice instead of milk for a nice variation and a play on the orange flavor within the cake. Found this on the Very Best Baking website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (100% pure pumpkin)
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup poppy seed
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour as 12-cup bundt pan.
- 3Combine cake mix, pumpkin, eggs and orange juice in a large mixer bowl.
- 4Beat on low speed until moistened and then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 5Add poppy seeds and mix until blended.
- 6Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- 7Bake for 35-40 minutes or until pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- 9*****FOR GLAZE****.
- 10Sift the powdered sugar until fine.
- 11Mix the powdered sugar with 2-3 tbls of orange juice in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- 12Drizzle glaze over cooled cake and allow to set up before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Pumpkin Poppy Seed Cake
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.3
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Sodium 226.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g