Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very simple cake that is perfect for serving at dinner parties and special occasions. Glaze uses orange juice instead of milk for a nice variation and a play on the orange flavor within the cake. Found this on the Very Best Baking website.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour as 12-cup bundt pan.
- Combine cake mix, pumpkin, eggs and orange juice in a large mixer bowl.
- Beat on low speed until moistened and then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add poppy seeds and mix until blended.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- *****FOR GLAZE****.
- Sift the powdered sugar until fine.
- Mix the powdered sugar with 2-3 tbls of orange juice in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake and allow to set up before serving.
loved this cake! I had frozen pumpkin puree in my freezer that I wanted to use up and this was perfect, I made no changes it didn't need any this was perfect as it, I sent this home with my DS and GF over the weekend, thanks for sharing Mel!
Made the cake but didn't try the glaze (made a cream cheese glaze instead, but still added the o.j. for flavour). Cake was very moist, thanks to the pumpkin. Super-easy to make, too. Will try to remember this one for next Halloween - the bright-orange cake with black poppy seeds would be a great fit!