Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
History in the Baking again. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray two loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Mix the first ten ingredients together until smooth.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix glaze ingredients together.
- Poke holes in loaves with toothpick and drizzle glaze over while cakes are still hot from the oven.
Made this for Christmas Eve dessert. It had a nice texture and flavor, except needs more orange than what is called for in the glaze. I will add some orange zest next time.