Orange Poppy Seed Muffins
photo by Hanka
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- 1⁄3 caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 130 g butter
- 2⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 orange
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade, for glazing
- Preheat the oven to 170°C Line muffin tin with paper cases.
- Melt butter and orange marmalade in microwave.
- In large mixing bowl mix flour, poppy seeds, sugar, orange zest.
- In medium bowl whisk milk, eggs pour into flour mix. Add melted butter-marmalade.
- Stir with spoon until just combined.
- Do not over mix - batter should still be lumpy.
- Divide the mixture evenly into muffin tray. Fill 3/4 full. Place 1/2 slice of fresh orange on the top.
- Bake for 25 minute until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Leave them to cool brush with melted orange marmalade.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">