Recipe by Carla_Bunny
I got this from a friend who said it is divine. she said she got the recie from the Cook'n with Bread Machines collection CD. I'm gonna try this soon.
Top Review by gourmetronik
Wow, this bread is definately fantastic. The orange flavour is not overwhelming, so for breakfast I like to bring it out by toasting a slice, spreading some unsalted butter on it and sweetening it with orange-blossom honey. As easy to make as any bread machine recipe, I really recommand to give it a try, you'll be surprised.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats or 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select Basic/White cycle. Use Medium or Light crust color. Do not use delay cycles. Remove baked bread from pan, and cool on wire rack.
- Serving Size: 1 slice.
- 1 Slice: 180 Calories (25 calories from fat); 3g fat (1g saturated); 0mg cholesterol; 270mg sodium; 35g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber); 5g protein.