Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Delicious and buttery this orange bread is wonderful with your morning coffee. Feel free to change pan sizes to your preference. I bake in 8x4 pans for about 1 hour -- checking after 50 minutes. I also always leave out the nuts since my DH cannot have them. This recipe is from Land O'Lakes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated orange peel
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
Orange Marmalade Butter Ingredients
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease bottom only of 5 mini (5 1/2x3-inch) loaf pans. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and 1 cup butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs; continue beating until well mixed. Add sour cream, orange juice and orange peel; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Beat until well mixed. Gently stir in nuts by hand.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared pans. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine 1/2 cup butter, powdered sugar and marmalade in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.