Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
ot this recipe sent to me from a friend they are the best. You can use any type of Marmalade that you choose
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup smucker orange marmalade
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup smucker orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon soft butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- reheat oven to 400° F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs; add butter, marmalade, and milk.
- Add all at once to the dry ingredients.
- Stir quickly and lightly until just mixed.
- Mixture will be lumpy.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- For icing, blend all ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Frost muffins when cool.
I expected a sweeter, marmalade tasting muffin. this was too plain. i had to serve them with orange marmalade on top to get them to taste remotely like O.M. This isn't a bad recipe, the muffins came out well, and would make a decent plain breakfast muffin.