Recipe by SusieQusie
You could use any jam or jelly you like or change the peel or juice. Recipe from Sparkspeople.com
- 1 1⁄8 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 tablespoon orange peel, finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free orange marmalade, warmed
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free orange marmalade, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degF(180 degC) and grease a 6 hole muffin tin.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl and stir in Splenda and orange peel.
- In another bowl combine warmed marmalade, juice, egg and applesauce, mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry, being careful not to overmix, (some lumps are OK).
- Divide the batter between the muffin holes and place a dollop of the reserved marmalade on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Carefully remove from tin. Eat as soon as possible.
- NOTE: If you wish to use sugar instead of Splenda add another 16 calories to each muffin.
- Serve with either no fat cream cheese or extra applesauce.