Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from approximately 2 limes)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 small jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4- by 1-inch matchsticks (approximately 5 ounces)
- 3 large oranges
- 3 bunches watercress, thick stems removed (about 8 cups, packed)
- 3⁄4 cup raw green pumpkin seeds (hulled, pepitas)
- In small bowl, whisk together lime juice, zest, salt, and pepper.
- Gradually whisk in oil, whisking until mixture emulsifies.
- In medium bowl, toss together jícama and 1/4 cup vinaigrette, reserving remaining vinaigrette. Let marinate while preparing rest of ingredients.
- Using paring knife and working over large bowl to catch juice, remove peel and white pith from oranges, then cut between membranes to remove segments (discard membranes).
- To bowl with orange juice, add orange segments, jícama (including vinaigrette), and watercress. Toss well to combine.
- If desired, add additional vinaigrette, or reserve remainder for another use. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds if using. Serve immediately.