Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a family favorite, frequently served at holiday events, from my mom. This one is a bit different than the others up here - this is for real orange lovers, as every single ingredient, aside from the water, is orange! **Please Note: This needs to be chilled overnight**
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange Jell-O
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups Orange sherbet
- 2 cups boiling water
- Put dry Jello in the bottom of 9” x 13” glass dish.
- Add boiling water, and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add mandarin oranges, spreading them out in the pan.
- Stir in sherbet until it is completely melted.
- Chill in fridge overnight, until it is set.
- Slice and serve!
OMG!! So good and so darn easy!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe, using just one box of jello and a 8 oz. can of the Mandarin Oranges. I agree with Elmotoo, a bunch of interesting combinations maybe in the future (especially thinking the strawberry banana jello with pineapple sherbet and banana slices, yum). Thanks for sharing such a yummy, fun recipe!! Made for CQ 2014.
YUMMM!! I love the idea of using sherbet instead of water to cool it down. It gelled in about 5 hours, so you can make it in the morning for dinner. We were all thinking up other flavor combinations, lol. Made for Veggie Tag 6/12.