Recipe by Steve P.
Source: Better Homes and Gardens. This makes a large loaf. Be sure the capacity of your bread machine pan is at least 10 cups.
Top Review by mianbao
This makes delicious bread. I made up the recipe by hand, needing about 1 1/2 tablespoons less flour for a kneadable dough. The combination of blueberries and hazelnuts is delectable. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg
- 3 1⁄3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange rind
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast or 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the ingredients to bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Bake the bread using regular or white setting or light setting if available.
- If desired, when bread is cool, drizzle loaf with Orange Icing.
- Orange Icing: In a small mixing bowl stir together 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar and enough orange juice to make an icing that's easy to drizzle.