Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A variation of a beef broccoli stir-fry, this recipe came from the Heinz.com website.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 lb lean beef, cut into strips (sirloin, flank, top round)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 1 onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- hot cooked rice
- In large bowl, combine soy sauce, orange juice concentrate, cornstarch, ginger, and orange peel.
- Stir to dissolve cornstarch.
- Marinate beef strips in this mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet (or wok), cook and stir broccoli and onion in oil until tender-crisp.
- Remove vegetables from skillet.
- Drain beef, reserving marinade.
- In same skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and stir beef for 3 to 4 minutes until browned.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add reserved marinade and broth to skillet, letting boil 5 minutes.
- Add beef and vegetables to sauce.
- Heat through.
- Serve over rice.
I loved this recipe because its so simple I already had everything I needed. In the end I found it to be a great base to work with. After making it up as stated and then tasting it, I needed some more umph to it, so I added some orange marmalade, hoisin sauce, garlic and chili flakes. This kicked it up a bit and we really enjoyed the flavor.