6 hrs 20 mins
If you are planning to make more than 4 chops, then double the marinade/sauce ingredients. Plan ahead the chops need to marinade for a minimum of 6 hours or up to 24 hours --- this is very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger powder (or use 3 teaspoons fresh minced ginger, or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup sherry wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 1 large green onion (sliced into 4 large pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large pork chops
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1Pierce small holes in both sides or the pork chops.
- 2In a bowl stir together the sherry, honey, soy sauce, sesame seeds, orange peel, hot pepper sauce, ginger, garlic and black pepper.
- 3Pour about 1/2 cup marinade into a small bowl; set aside.
- 4Pour the remaining marinade (with green onion pieces) into a large resealable bag; add in the pork chops.
- 5Seal the bag and turn to coat.
- 6Refrigerate for 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 7When ready to grill, in a small saucepan combine the cornstarch with water until smooth; add in the reserved 1/2 cup marinade; bring to a boil and cook for about 1 minute, or until thickened.
- 8Drain and discard the marinade from the pork.
- 9Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- 10Heat grill to medium heat and grill the chops about 4 minutes.
- 11Turn the chops and baste with a small amount sauce; grill for about 15-20 minutes longer, or until the chops are cooked through, basting again towards the end of cooking.
- 12Serve any remaining sauce with the chops.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Ginger Grilled Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.4
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 1114.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 25.4 g