Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are planning to make more than 4 chops, then double the marinade/sauce ingredients. Plan ahead the chops need to marinade for a minimum of 6 hours or up to 24 hours --- this is very good!
Top Review by Patti O'Furniture
This recipe made a VERY moist and tender pork chop. I only wished that they had more of the marinade flavor and THEN I read the recipe again and realized I neglected to glaze them while they cooked. I am sure adding this step will increase the flavor next time ( and there will be a next time ). I also successfully froze my pork chops in the marinade.
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger powder (or use 3 teaspoons fresh minced ginger, or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 1 large green onion (sliced into 4 large pieces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large pork chops
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce small holes in both sides or the pork chops.
- In a bowl stir together the sherry, honey, soy sauce, sesame seeds, orange peel, hot pepper sauce, ginger, garlic and black pepper.
- Pour about 1/2 cup marinade into a small bowl; set aside.
- Pour the remaining marinade (with green onion pieces) into a large resealable bag; add in the pork chops.
- Seal the bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to grill, in a small saucepan combine the cornstarch with water until smooth; add in the reserved 1/2 cup marinade; bring to a boil and cook for about 1 minute, or until thickened.
- Drain and discard the marinade from the pork.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium heat and grill the chops about 4 minutes.
- Turn the chops and baste with a small amount sauce; grill for about 15-20 minutes longer, or until the chops are cooked through, basting again towards the end of cooking.
- Serve any remaining sauce with the chops.