Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple low-fat side dish from The Vegetarian Gourmet's Easy Low-Fat Favorites.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Cook broccoli according to desired method (boil, steam, or stir-fry in a small amount of vegetable oil).
- Do not overcook.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour over broccoli.
- Cook and stir until broccoli is coated and sauce becomes thick (won't take long).
Whoa...this is seriously good "diet" food. For just a few more calories it lifts broccoli to a whole new level. Healthy, creamy, satisfying. Thanks, Dancer.
Wow! This was so good. I can't stand broccoli, but I loved this. I'm so glad you posted it! Now I can eat broccoli regularly for its health benefits and actually *enjoy* it!
Thanks! This a great, flavorful, quick way to prepare broccoli.