- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 orange, zest of, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the granulated sugar, flour, and salt.
- Add orange zest, lemon and orange juices, and egg yolks. Blend well.
- Cook over low heat, stirring, until thickened and smooth.
- Stir in butter and cool.
- Whip the cream and fold into the cooled orange mixture.