Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy recipe that takes only a very short time to make, perfect on just about anything and no preserving for this just prepare and store in the fridge for up to one week.
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups orange marmalade
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stir orange juice and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Add in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally until mixture is reduced to about 3 cups (this should take around 15-17 minutes).
- Cool to room temperature.
- Place into a glass jar or bowl and refrigerate up to one week.
My sister used to by an Orange Cranberry Relish by Ocean Spray and one year could not find it anywhere, so I went to my "go-to" place for any recipe and found this. I made it and she said it was better. That was two years ago and it is now a stample for Thanksgiving & Christmas. I made extra last year and did preserve it in a water bath for 15 minutes and it worked fine, but it wasn't enough to make it to the following year. My sister went through my extras!
Now have this recipe tucked away in 3 cookbooks: Holiday Gifts, Winter Holidays & Cranberries! This is EXTREMELY TASTY, & so very easy to make! Loved the combo of cranberry & orange! Thanks for another winner of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement cooking game]