Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a light and flavorful scone. I was never a big scone eater because the ones I have had were like hockey pucks. This one changed my mind. The tricks are to NOT overwork the dough and NOT to over cook them. These are easy to throw together and taste out of this world.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 oranges, zest of, only
- 15 ounces heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, 2 Tbs of sugar, cranberries, and orange zest together in a mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Mix well until combined.
- While mixing on a low speed, slowly drizzle the cream in just until the mixture comes together into dough. **You may not use all of the cream.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to about 1/2" thickness and cut into rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Place the rounds on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Brush lightly with any remaining cream and sprinkle with remaining Tbs of sugar.
- Bake until lightly golden about 12-20 min depending on the size of the rounds.