Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A variation of the Seven Layer Cookie, except it's made with yellow cake mix instead of graham crackers and doesn't have butterscotch chips. YUM-O!!! (Prep time is approximate)
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats (or old-fashioned)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts (such as walnuts)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated orange zest
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or M&Ms)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 13x9x2 baking pan.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, oats, nuts, butter and egg until moistened and resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 1 cup mixture. Firmly press remaining in bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine milk and zest. Spread over base.
- Combine reserved crumb mixture, coconut and M&Ms (or chips). Sprinkle evenly over milk mixture and press lightly.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars.