1/1 Photo of Orange Chocolate Sauce
Sydney Mike's Note:
This silky rich sauce goes well over all kinds of desserts -- cakes, ice cream, puddings & custards as well as cooked fruits! The recipe was found in the 2005 cookbook, Get Saucy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 orange, zest of (removed in strips)
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (optional)
- 1In a medium-sized, heavy saucepan, combine cream, corn syrup, sugar & zest, & cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves & liquid is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat & let cool.
- 3When cooled, remove zest & cook over metium heat just until hot.
- 4Turn off the heat, then add chocolates & let sit for 5 minutes without stirring, until melted.
- 5Whisk until smooth, then add butter & whisk again until smooth.
- 6If using the Grand Marnier, whisk it in, at this time, then serve hot or warm.
- 7Will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, but it will need to be reheated before serving.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Chocolate Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.6
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 13.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of