Chef #583577's Note:
This recipe is originally from a free recipe card that I picked up at safeway. It makes a great meal served over rice or couscous and is pretty fast and easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound chicken to an even thickness. Season the flour with salt and pepper to taste and place it in a large plastic bag with the chicken breasts. Shake to.
- 2coat the chicken in the flour - reserve the leftover flour in the bag.
- 3In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat melt the butter. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until nicely browned.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth and the leftover flour. Push the chicken to the edge of the skillet, add the broth mixture, orange segments and capers. Stir lightly and spoon over the chicken.
- 5Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, covered for 5 minutes or until the sauce is slightly thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
- 6Stir in the orange zest, spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Chicken With Capers
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 98.4 mg
- Sodium 416.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 27.1 g