Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is originally from a free recipe card that I picked up at safeway. It makes a great meal served over rice or couscous and is pretty fast and easy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 large seedless orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 tablespoon small caper, drained
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Pound chicken to an even thickness. Season the flour with salt and pepper to taste and place it in a large plastic bag with the chicken breasts. Shake to.
- coat the chicken in the flour - reserve the leftover flour in the bag.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat melt the butter. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until nicely browned.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth and the leftover flour. Push the chicken to the edge of the skillet, add the broth mixture, orange segments and capers. Stir lightly and spoon over the chicken.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, covered for 5 minutes or until the sauce is slightly thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the orange zest, spoon sauce over chicken and serve.