Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tangy and juicy entree that is inexpensive and easy to prepare. Plenty of sauce to serve over a side dish of white rice.
- 2 -3 lbs chicken, in pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 (6 ounce) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 6 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with 1 t. salt.
- In large ziploc bag combine flour, remaining 1/2 t. salt and pepper. Coat chicken pieces with the flour mixture.
- In large frying pan, brown chicken in shortening.
- While chicken browns, combine remaining ingredients in small bowl.
- Remove any excess fat from fry pan and pour orange mixture over chicken. Cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 30 minutes, turning 2-3 times, until chicken is tender and cooked through.