This is a Food Network recipe that is considered to be one of their healthy eating meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the salad
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 8 ounces snow peas, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and julienned or 8 ounces carrots or 2 1/2 cups store bought shredded carrots
For the chicken fingers
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into tenders 4 by 1 1/2-inches, about 18 pieces
For the sauce
- 1Make the salad: In a large bowl whisk the vinegar and honey until combined and then whisk in the sesame oil. Add the snow peas and carrots and toss well to coat. Set aside for the flavors to blend while the chicken and sauce cook.
- 2Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet and lightly mist with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Put the sesame seeds in a small nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until golden brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 4Put the cereal in a plastic storage bag and crush with a rolling pin or heavy can until coarsely crushed. In a shallow bowl combine the toasted sesame seeds, crushed cereal and orange zest and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- 5In a second shallow dish, beat the egg whites with the teriyaki sauce. Dip each chicken tender in the egg mixture and then the cereal mixture, pressing to coat well. Place on the rack and mist the chicken with nonstick cooking spray. Bake until the crust is golden and the chicken is cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, in a small sauce pot heat the marmalade, teriyaki and ginger over medium heat until melted and well combined. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice. Serve the chicken with some of the sauce for dipping and the salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Chicken Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.5
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 315.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
low-sodium teriyaki sauce
reduced-sugar orange marmalade
low-sodium teriyaki sauce