This is a delicious recipe that needs to marinate overnight, but then comes together really quickly and deliciously.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine orange juice, sherry, soy sauce, honey, garlic and shallot in a shallow glass dish.
- 2Add chicken and turn to coat.
- 3Refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- 4Place flour in shallow dish.
- 5Beat egg in another shallow dish.
- 6Remove chicken, reserving marinade.
- 7Dip chicken in flour, then in egg, then in flour again.
- 8Melt butter with oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 9Add chicken and cook until browned and tender, 3-5 minutes per side.
- 10Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 11Add reserved marinade to skillet, scraping up any browned bits.
- 12Continue cooking until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- 13Arrange chicken on platter and pour sauce over.
- 14Garnish with orange slices.
- 15Serve with steamed rice and asparagus.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.1
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 136.5 mg
- Sodium 306.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 31.7 g