Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is a delicious recipe that needs to marinate overnight, but then comes together really quickly and deliciously.
Top Review by moxie
This was a wonderful dish, Evelyn. I did add the zest of one orange to the marinade, which I think intensifies the flavor. The sauce is really savory, which I loved, since so many orange chicken recipes seem cloyingly sweet to me. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium orange, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine orange juice, sherry, soy sauce, honey, garlic and shallot in a shallow glass dish.
- Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- Place flour in shallow dish.
- Beat egg in another shallow dish.
- Remove chicken, reserving marinade.
- Dip chicken in flour, then in egg, then in flour again.
- Melt butter with oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until browned and tender, 3-5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add reserved marinade to skillet, scraping up any browned bits.
- Continue cooking until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange chicken on platter and pour sauce over.
- Garnish with orange slices.
- Serve with steamed rice and asparagus.