Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious recipe that needs to marinate overnight, but then comes together really quickly and deliciously.
- Combine orange juice, sherry, soy sauce, honey, garlic and shallot in a shallow glass dish.
- Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- Place flour in shallow dish.
- Beat egg in another shallow dish.
- Remove chicken, reserving marinade.
- Dip chicken in flour, then in egg, then in flour again.
- Melt butter with oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until browned and tender, 3-5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add reserved marinade to skillet, scraping up any browned bits.
- Continue cooking until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange chicken on platter and pour sauce over.
- Garnish with orange slices.
- Serve with steamed rice and asparagus.
This was a wonderful dish, Evelyn. I did add the zest of one orange to the marinade, which I think intensifies the flavor. The sauce is really savory, which I loved, since so many orange chicken recipes seem cloyingly sweet to me. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
This was excellent. I cut the chicken up into bite size pieces, and we're not big on breading, so I added about 1/2 cup of flour and just tossed the chicken cubes to coat, and then followed the directions. I also added a little cornstarch to the marinade to make the sauce thicker. (knew that's what my kids would want)
Absolutely loved this recipe, so easy to prepare, and so DELISH! Followed the recipe to the T except I used canola oil instead of vegetable oil. This will be a regular dish from now onwards. Thank you