Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Need a drink that actually quenches your thirst? This kind of reminds me of a lighter version of creamsicles. If you added a little sorbet or ice cream that would really do the trick. I used vanilla yogurt instead of plain yogurt and skipped the sugar. This says it serves 1, but I really think it serves 2. Recipe courtesy of best-smoothie-recipes.com. YUMMY!
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup juice
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup orange flavored yogurt
- 1 handful ice cube
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Place everything in blender and blend until combined.
Must admit to changing the recipe a bit, but all in a good cause, since I wanted a thicker smoothie while eliminating the ice cubes! I used a large frozen banana, 1/2 a cup of regular milk, orange yogurt, orange extract, & left out the sugar because the oranges I used were very nicely sweet! Definitely worth trying! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC recipe tag]