Recipe by lisa mack
Using prepared sauces is cheating, but this is good! The K.C. Masterpiece is a sweet sauce, and is nicely balanced by the vinegary Kraft sauce.
- 2 pork rib racks (I prefer "hotel cut")
- 2 -3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 (18 ounce) bottlek.c. masterpiece barbecue sauce (any flavor)
- 1 (18 ounce) bottlekraft barbecue sauce (any flavor)
- 2 navel oranges
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ribs in large baking dish and sprinkle with cider vinegar, liquid smoke, salt and pepper.
- Distribute slices of garlic over the ribs.
- Pour water into corner of the dish and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Combine barbecue sauces in a sauce pan with the juice and a little of the zest of one orange.
- Add onions if desired.
- Simmer until flavors are blended and onion is soft, if used.
- Remove roasted ribs from dish and pour off liquid and fat.
- Pour orange barbecue sauce over ribs and return to oven (covered) for 30 minutes.
- To serve, cut ribs between bones and heap on a platter.
- Garnish with orange slices.