Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 3 chicken breasts, skin, split
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups orange juice
- Arrange chicken in shallow baking pan, breast side up, not overlapping.
- Sprinkle with onion and seasonings.
- Blend flour with 1/2 c orange juice, stir in the remaining juice and pour over the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, basting occasionally at 350F for 1 hr. or until tender.
- Serve the chicken over noodles or rice on a warm platter.
- Stir the pan juices to blend and pour over the chicken.
A quick and easy dish with some real potential. Persoanlly, the chicken was a little on the bland side - I should have tried the fresh rosemary as vivmom suggested. I also think the sauce should have been just a little sweeter. All in all, I'll probably make it again just to experiment with the flavor a bit more.
A lovely chicken dish received favorably around the table. There were a couple requests for more flavor and spice. I used fresh rosemary in place of dried. This chicken went well with brown basmati rice, sweet corn, peas and croissants. The orange taste was mild and not overpowering. Great recipe to try!